Saturday, August 23, 2008

FINALLY!

WOW! It has been a long time, once again, since we posted last. I have some time right now while everyone is asleep so I'll give you a quick update...

In March our lives changed forever. Matt had a gallbladder attack and had it removed but while in the hospital he was diagnosed with Diabetes! This was a very scary time for us as would be expected. I tried to keep my cool for the kids and Matt. His blood sugars in the hospital after his surgery reach dangerously high levels. The nurses said that he shouldn't have been sitting up and talking. We found out that he has an auto-immune disease called LADA (Laten Auto-immune Diabetes in Adults). It's basically type I Diabetes but is treated like type II until he is void of naturally-produced insulin. We have it controlled with diet, oral meds and insulin. They say that it is expected within no more than 5 years he will be completely dependent on insulin.

We celebrated our 7th year of marriage two weeks after all of this happened.

Lexy turned 8 in April and it was a tough birthday for her. We had a nice birthday party planned for her but only one of her friends could make it and we didn't know that she was going to be able to come until that day. We got her a new bike for her birthday since she has outgrown her other one. She is so tall now, she is almost to my shoulders. She just went through a major growth spurt. We just bought her some clothes for school and we had to get her size 12 jeans to get them long enough! She is starting 3rd grade and is so excited.

Kendra turned 6 two days after school was out for the summer. She is still tiny. OK, let me explain. She is really thin but has finally put on some height. She is just now being able to wear size 6 clothes for the length but if she doesn't have a belt on they will fall off of her. She is a handful but we love her. She has a personality all her own. If you know her you know what I'm trying to say. She is starting 1st grade this year and I'm not sure how it will go. She is still napping in the afternoons and I've been trying to do away with them but she is so cranky by 5 that I can't handle her. I'm sure she will be fine once she get's in the swing of school and everything. For her party we had a swimming party. It was fun and she had a great time with her friends. Kendra played baseball this summer and I personally think that she was the best one out there on the field. She has a gift for it. She was so cute when she played. She had to hold the helmet on her little head since they were so big. And she was by far one of the smallest players out there. I'm so proud of her. She want's to play again next year and Lexy has even said she wants to play next year too.

Landon, what can I say about him. He turned 2 this year. YIKES! It's hard to believe that he's two already. He is so cute and sweet and smart. He already has started his terrible two's, almost right away. He has started to potty train already, I'm just letting him go at his own rate, and he has not had binkies since the end of June. He knows shapes, some colors, all animals and their sounds. He definately seems to run the house right now. He LOVES sports, mainly baseball right now. And he has an arm on him. We think that he's going to be left handed, at least to play ball. His birthday was just family and friends. The best type of party for a 2 year old, they won't remember who was there, only in pictures. It was great. He got a Big Wheel for his birthday from Grammy and Papa. Doesn't he look like such a big boy on it!

We also took a trip to the zoo in May for my birthday. I had such a great time with my kids and husband that I didn't even care that it rained almost the whole time we were there. It was so much fun seeing them learn about the different animals and watching Landon's face when he saw the elephants for the first time or watching the monkeys. It was wonderful.

I'm busy as ever. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life, besides being a mommy. I've thought about opening my own daycare and becoming registered through the state. But then I've also been thinking about going back to school and finishing my degree but I don't know if nursing is what I want anymore. I've thought of nursing, medical transcripting or the culinary arts. Going back to school will all depend on if my credits will transfer still and financial aid.

All in all our life is good but we stay busy. With three kids I don't see how we can't be busy. Both girls are on count down for school to start, 10 days! And both are doing ballet again. The Nutcracker is December 6 and 7, 2008. Not sure what Lexy will be this year but Kendra will be a Soldier. They are both great at what they do and I know that they will achieve all they dream to be. If Landon is anything like his sister's, and so far I see that he is, he too will be what ever he aspires to be. I am so proud of all my children. And I am thankful for my husband who works so hard to support us and give us what we need.

I will try and post again really soon. We have had a few exciting trips but nothing downloaded yet from the camera. And I've got to post for the first day of school coming up as well.


~Amanda~

No comments: